Things I’ve learned (In my 20’s)
1. I might have type 1 diabetes but it doesn’t control me
2. Alcohol will not make life easier. It will temporarily ease the problem or make it worse.
3. Hating my ex-husband did me no good. I was doing myself wrong and the hatred was hurting me. By letting go of the hate I was able to love myself again, be a better mother to our son, and find true love.
4. Doing illegal drugs because it made me feel good and free was a dirty trick the drugs did to my mind plus the horrible damage it did to my body. Getting help and becoming clean and sober changed my life for the better!
5. Mental illness was not a dirty word and it was okay to seek treatment. Knowing now that I have ADD, depression, anxiety, and emotional issues, I have faced my demons and with proper medicine I can control them.
6. The importance of family is everything. Family isn’t just people with the same DNA, it is also people that will always be there for you and truly love you.
7. Life is a never ending battle but you must keep rolling with the good and bad.